ABOUT: SURF INTO YOGA NEW YORK CROSSING
WHAT IT IS: SURF INTO YOGA NEW YORK CROSSING IS A PERSONAL JOURNEY WITH ROCHELLE BALLARD DOCUMENTED THROUGH BLOG WRITING, PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO. THE CROSSING WILL FEATURE A SERIES OF INTERACTIVE ELEMENTS INVOLVING ROCHELLE BALLARD AND LOCAL COMMUNITIES WITH THE GOAL OF SHARING ITS MISSION.
MISSION: SURF INTO YOGA IS DEDICATED TO THE PURSUIT OF WELLNESS AND INSPIRATION THROUGH YOGA, SURFING, MASSAGE AND NUTRITION. THE CROSSING MISSION IS TO PERFORM OUTREACH TO LESS FORTUNATE, DISTRESSED YOUTH, SHARING YOGALIGN THROUGH WORKSHOPS, SURF, AND SUP LESSONS DONATED BY ROCHELLE BALLARD AND VOLUNTEERS FROM LOCAL SURF AND YOGA ORGANIZATIONS IN THE COMMUNITY.
INTERACTIVE ELEMENTS WHILE TRAVERSING NYC AND ITS SURROUNDING BEACHES, THE CROSSING AIMS TO CAPTIVATE AND ENGAGE INDIVIDUALS AND COMMUNITIES THROUGH A VARIETY OF SURF AND YOGA THEMED EVENTS TO INCLUDE:
- SURF, SUP AND YOGA ACTIVITIES AND WORKSHOPS
- WELLNESS EVENTS FOCUSED ON HEALTHY LIFESTYLE (NUTRITION, MASSAGE, MEDITATION, MUSIC),
- INTERACTIVE TALKS HOSTED BY ROCHELLE BALLARD TO SHARE PERSONAL STORIES, PHOTOS, AND VIDEOS OF HER JOURNEY
- ONE-ON-ONE TREATMENTS AND LESSONS VIA PRIVATE BOOKING WITH BALLARD FOR YOGA, MASSAGE, SURF AND SUP, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.
HOW WE WILL DO IT: TRUE TO ITS MISSION, THE CROSSING AIMS TO INSPIRE AND UNITE COMMUNITY THROUGH SURF, YOGA AND THE SPIRIT OF GIVING BACK. THIS IS MADE POSSIBLE THROUGH PARTNERSHIPS, SPONSORSHIPS AND THE SUPPORT OF LOCAL INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESSES.
SURF INTO YOGA TO PROVIDE:
- FACILITATION OF SURF AND YOGA DAY CAMP TO BE HOSTED BY ROCHELLE BALLARD (STUDENTS AGE 8-18, CAPACITY: ALL WHO CAN COME)
- SURF INTO YOGA FORMAL WORKSHOPS FOR ADULTS HOSTED AT LOCAL FACILITIES (SMALL DONATION REQUESTED)
- ROCHELLE BALLARD TO HOST TALKS FEATURING STORIES, PHOTOS AND VIDEOS FROM HER PERSONAL JOURNEY
- SIY PRODUCT SUPPORT AND SPONSORSHIP, AS NEEDED
- ONE ON ONE APPOINTMENT AVAILABILITY (FOR A FEE) WITH ROCHELLE BALLARD
- DIGITAL MEDIA AND SUPPORT PROVIDED BY FOND GROUP TO INCLUDE EMAIL, SOCIAL, MEDIA OUTREACH, PRESS RELEASE, PHOTO, VIDEO
- PARTNERSHIPS WITH LOCAL SURF, YOGA, WELLNESS FACILITIES AND PROFESSIONALS
- SPONSORSHIP AND DONATION OF SURF AND YOGA EQUIPMENT, APPAREL, FOOD AND BEVERAGE, SUNSCREEN, ETC.
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICE DONATION – PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEOGRAPHY, GRAPHIC DESIGN, ENTERTAINMENT, FOOD PREPARATION, EMERGENCY, EDUCATION PROFESSIONALS ETC. VOLUNTEERS
- MEDIA, COMMUNITY OUTREACH AND YOUR HELP SPREADING THE WORD!
NEW YORK – FINAL DESTINATIONS TBD. TENTATIVE STOPS INCLUDE NYC, LONG BEACH, ROCKAWAY, MONTAUK, MECOX BAY.
SEPTEMBER 2013, DATES TBD
1. SURF INTO YOGA CAMP BOYS AND GIRLS AGES 8-18
2. WORKSHOPS AND PRIVATES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FIRST COME FIRST SERVE SIGN UP
SOCIAL MEDIA, PRE, DURING AND POST WITH BLOGGING, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, SURFLINE, LOCAL NEWS AND SURF COMMUNITY OUTREACH
In Rochelle’s Words:
Community is a place of coming together in a local society, politics, and economics. But it is also people with a common interest. Some are fortunate enough to travel the world see and experience things that open our eyes make us really appreciate all of the abundance and beauty of nature and life as well as famine, growth, and waist in this world. It’s the yin and the yang of life. We find ourselves being drawn back to certain communities enjoying friends, good times, sharing culture differences and similarities. Around the world there are people with the common interest of passion for conscious living and life with purpose. It is sharing our own local community and culture with each other no matter where you are or where you come from. Surfing is a unique and inspiring way to share with people and culture around the world. Some people think we are dancing in on the ocean. We are.
From time to time, whether we are in the ocean or the mountains we will share with you experiences in our own community as well as traveling abroad, people we meet, culture, food, and little insights of healthy living, with yummy recipes, good things for your body, and good things to give back to the earth. For now i share with you a little peace of the islands the ocean is a big part of the culture and island living, weather you are fishing, diving, paddling, surfing, or just enjoying the beach with family and friends.